Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

After a couple of years of not participating to family gatherings, we decided to go this time.  My husband  did not want to go but I told him that we don't know how long  Dad will still be around and also for the children sake, we need to just deal with  whatever  made us stayed away. 
 We got to patch up things with the rest of the family.  It's been really hard for me that we did not communicate with  some of the family members because they are my only family here and I feel alone that we don't get to spend time with them.
 I asked these guys to smile and they made these faces lol.
 My sister-in-law Jill is doing  okay  now  despite the   chemo that she has been getting.
 Dad was a little drunk when we got there but he is doing mighty fine for his age.
 The siblings, Chris, Rick, and John.

  I am glad that  we did because the kids had so much fun.  I hope that this could be the start of a smooth relationship between the families again.  

11 comments:

  1. sorry about what's going on with your husband's family, but it seems everyone had a great day on Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that you mended fences and went. Sometimes things just work themselves out like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy to hear you've patched things up with your family. In the end, family is the most important thing. I loved hanging out with my cousins at family holidays when I was younger!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm happy to hear that you were able to patch things up. I try and spend as much time with my family as I can since they're the only family I do have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The holidays are always a good way to bring families back together. Glad you had a happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's the best way of celebrating thanksgiving sis by reuniting the family.I'm thankful I am closed with my in-laws,although this year we did not celebrated with them but we have a blessing with them to go on vacation since their health is not good in any travel as of now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All looked very happy. I am sure the Thanksgiving Dinner was a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is great that your family was able to patch things up! It is wonderful to be able to have family come together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was such a fun thanksgiving (here with us - I didn't even realized thanksgiving was over lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. that's good news! it feels great to spend the holidays with your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Thanksgiving sis! I'm wondering why this is not celebrated here in the Phils.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so leave me a line or two and I will follow your trail and comment back.

AddThis