Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Every BIrthday is a Gift: My 45th Birthday

Aretha Franklin once said "Every birthday is a gift and every day is also gift",   and I completely agree.  I think that we should be grateful for each  day, as we woke up  in the morning and  as we go to bed.  We should consider ourselves wealthy when we  have a  a roof over our head, food in the table  and a family that we can turn to no matter what situation there maybe.  
As Voltaire have said "God gave us the gift of life; it is up to us to give ourselves the gift of living well."   A lot of people  says to live in the moment but there are  times in our lives that we are  consumed with worries and other petty things.  If we learn how to live simply and appreciate all the little things, we  will be happy.
 I turned 45 this month and I couldn't ask for more  of what God has given me.  Two lovely kids and a great husband.  What else  could I possibly ask?  Unless of course if God would give me the chance to travel the world, that would be great ha ha.  But in all honesty and seriousness, I am happy and content.
 I can't help but think of my father during my teenage years.  He was very strict and I thought that it was   so selfish of him to always laid out rules of what not to do and all that stuff.  But looking back at it now, I am very fortunate to have a very loving Dad who just wanted the best for me.  I am glad I listened, I just wish he would still be around so I can tell him a lot of things that I never got to do when he was still alive.
Anyway, when it comes to celebrating birthdays, we   always get a cake  that the celebrant love.  I got this  carrot cake from the Amish store that we went to at Walnut Creek Ohio, as part of my birthday celebration.  
 The cake was delicious!   I want to go back there again and get more of these lol.
 If you happen to notice, my long hair is gone.  Summer weather is creeping in so I asked my husband to cut it, he couldn't say no because it's my birthday ha!  He  love  my hair long  so when I told him to cut it shoulder length, he  kind of  resist a little bit.


My partner in crime, my sweet tooth son, patiently waiting for the  piece of cake.  I thought he wouldn't like it but he said it was very good.  Amish people  can make really good cake.
 He couldn't do  a crossed eyes like I did so this is the face he made ha ha.  My silly little boy, who doesn't want to be called a boy anymore.
My daughter painted this  for me.  It's a very thoughtful gift and I love it!
Thanks to my husband and kids for  pampering me  on my birthday. My daughter painted my nails and my husband cut my hair and  cooked breakfast. We ate at a restaurant for lunch since they didn't want me cooking, how sweet!  They might be tired of my cooking though ha ha.
A post shared by Chubskulit Rose (@chubskulitrose) on
So yeah, in five years time, I will be a golden girl.  Bring it on!
I love this quote by Booth Tarkington.

"Cherish all your happy moments; 
they make a fine cushion for old age."

22 comments:

  1. Happy 45th Birthday! That carrot cake looks amazing and I love the part about remembering your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday I am going to have my 45th in a few weeks. At least we are not 50. You had such long hair but it looks good now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! I agree with you that every birthday is a gift and something to be celebrated. That cake looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 45th Birthday! Your haircut looks amazing on you. It’s always nice to get s break from cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday hope your day went well. Fun to look back and remember. What is ahead is even more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are very blessed indeed with your beautiful family. I hope that you had a wonderful birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday! I celebrated my 36th birthday last week, and one thing I have learned is to be thankful for what you have. It sounds like you had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy 45th Birthday! Every cake day is to be celebrated and honestly, you don't look your age. You look great mama. You hair cut looks good on you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the birthday food made into a heart shape! What a sweet surprise for a happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday! I just cut all my hair off too. I love it long in the winter but when summer hits it's gone.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 45 really suits you! I hope you had a wonderful celebration and that your family spoiled you - you derve it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday! I hope you had a wonderful day with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Family and spending time with them are the best gifts ever. There's no material thing that can surpass that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you had a wonderful birthday celebration! I love simple birthdays at home with the family. It really brings us all together. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. 45 is a great age! I felt confident and beautiful in my skin. I can see it is a good year for you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy 45th Birthday! It looks like y'all had a great time, Its always nice to be able to spend it with family. Very true everyday is a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Belated Happy Birthday sis hope you have a blast! They say age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter. So cheers with that!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well happy birthday to you! You are looking better and better every year!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh dear! Happy Birthday to you! Good to know that you had a blast. I love how your family pampered you and also new hairstyle! Cheers! - Anosa

    ReplyDelete
  20. Im glad to hear you had a really great birthday with your family! 45 is still young! :) Did you give your long hair that was cut to locks of love?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Birthday to you.

    Regards,
    Love Ely

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so leave me a line or two and I will follow your trail and comment back.

AddThis