Friday, February 10, 2012

Email Hacker

I was shocked  when I opened my email today (2-10) because  all my messages in the inbox were deleted and the setting was totally different.  I immediately suspected that my  email address was hacked and sure enough, I checked the recent login activity and found these.

Today 
8:01 AM Browser Mail Access Nigeria
7:06 AM Browser Mail Access Nigeria
6:57 AM Browser Mail Access Nigeria
6:57 AM Browser Logged In Nigeria
6:53 AM Browser Mail Access Nigeria
6:53 AM Browser Logged in to Mail Nigeria
IP Address is  41.155.108.8 - Beware  of this IP address!


So I immediately did what I had to do but this  thief had already sent out emails to all the  contact in my address book asking for money.  So to all  who received  the sobbing  email , please ignore it.  Here's the email they sent to everyone in my list.

Hi,
I'm writing this with tears in my eyes,my family and I came down here to London, United Kingdom for a short vacation. unfortunately,we were mugged at the park of the hotel where we stayed,all cash,credit card including cell phone was stolen off us but luckily for us we still have our Live and passports saved with us.

We've been to the Embassy and the Police here but they're not helping issues at all and our flight leaves in few hours from now but we're having problems settling the hotel bills and the hotel manager won't let us leave until we settle the bills. Well I really need your Help,Please let me know if you can help us out? Am freaked out at the moment!!

They deleted all my  inbox messages, all the contact in my list, and  some of my folders.  

It's wicked how other people will do everything to get money.  

But anyhow, on  a happier note, Ms. Burrito won a giveaway  over at Mary's blog, a beautiful bracelet.  She was given  the chance to choose what she wants and the Simply Alice won.  It is made of water pearl, valued for $55.

29 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you had such an awful invasion. It is refreshing that you continue forward anyway. Great things must be in store for your St Valentine's Day.

    Hearts and flowers to you

    LL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was terribly awful and I'd like for this criminals to just vanish lol.

      Delete
  2. Hi Rose, I exactly thought that your email address was hacked when I read your email asking for some money. I actually thought of contacting you thru other means as I thought that you might be unaware that your email is sending out calls for help and asking for money. But I dont have any other contact info from you so its a good thing that you posted what happened in your blog. At least my suspicion was true and thanks God you guys are not in real trouble. Have a happy Valentines kabayan! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodness! I have had something similar happen...and I know what an awful mess it could be.. sending you warm wishes this weekend...
      Smiles~
      C

      Delete
    2. Hi Kuya Lito, glad you did not fall for it. Geez, this maniacs won't quit doing awful stuff to other people.

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness!!!! This is the same message that this hacker sent to all my email contacts last April and...emptied it out, too. I lost all my family, friends and business contacts. It took me forever to get it all back together. I was so stunned when I discovered I no longer had any addresses! When that happens it is really a shock! I am so sorry it happened to you!

    It was embarrassing to say the least and made me mad! There are some really low people in this world!!!
    Happy Valentines Day!
    HPS, too!
    ♥ Jil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jill, I am still trying to understand why they had to delete all our contact and messages. It's really awful and scary.

      Delete
  4. Whew! I thought you really got stuck in London! Great to know you're okay. I posted an article about it, look how the email reached me! Scamming Email Contacts' Link

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sis, I dunno how this happens. I am thinking that I may have ran into a virus and somehow my email got vulnerable and the hacker got into it. I dunno exactly, I am no techy so I find it hard to decipher these things.

      Delete
  5. I am sorry to hear about this Rose, any clues how did this happen?

    Congrats for the winnings...lovely bracelet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will never understand why some people put so much effort into causing mischief - what a headache for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly Pat, why can't they just be contented with their own email.

      Delete
  7. I got this email and I figured it was just spam or a virus! No worries.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry about the hacking issue you experienced. I too experienced something similar about 8 months ago. Good though that something nice happened to balance it out. What a lovely bracelet!
    Wishing you and your family a Happy Valentine's day.

    Hugs, LisaKay
    Belles Roses Romantiques

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely bracelet, congrats on the win!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a shame. There are people out there that get into any personal things you have. I do hope this does not happen to me. I would not know what to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a horrible feeling you can have when you realized that someone got into your personal stuff online.

      Delete
  11. These things are awful when it happens. I feel so fortunate to be involved with facilitating a youth spiritual empowerment program, that is advancing globally in it's approach. Hopefully these type of activities and situations will become a thing of the past!
    Great bracelet! It's so beautiful!
    Hugs,
    Gigi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gigi, the program you are involved to is a good one. I miss doing that. We used to do the same when I was still working in school.

      Delete
  12. What a drag. That happen to my brother too... who would fall for the scam?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dunno what these scumbags are thinking, maybe they are expecting everyone to just send them money without verifying it to the email owner.

      Delete
  13. Received email pero sympre hindi ako naniwala ..Dami talaga walang magawa sa mundo, hahah .. Anyway, congrats rylie nice bracelet.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sorry to hear about your email getting hacked! Beautiful bracelet that your daughter won! Happy Pink Saturday and Happy Valentine's Day to you and your family!
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  15. That also happened to me before. They trick readers by appearing as a Google message informing all active Google users to reactivate their accounts by giving out personal information. They also sent emails to all the names in my inbox soliciting money for their sad story. One of my blog readers almost fell for it. Luckily I was able to notify her about the scam. It took me quite a long time to reacquire my accounts. Disregard those seemingly innocent notices that you have to renew your account by giving personal information. And never use your birthday numerals as your password. That's a virtual giveaway. I was also duped by those same evil Nigerians. Thanks for the post. God bless you all always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it an awful thing Kuya, dami talagag mga taong walang magawa.

      Delete

I love comments so leave me a line or two and I will follow your trail and comment back.

AddThis