Friends Around the World, Join Us!

Thursday, November 13, 2008

security

How do you know if the site you are visiting is safe? Hubby told me an interesting fact about online security. You might know this already but I still want to share this to those who don't. He said that when the URL of the website you are visiting starts with https, it is safe because the additional s stands for secure . Businesses, especially banks, pay for this additional feature for the purpose of their clients security. But this https don't show up until you go to your log in part. Check out your bank's website and see... Tell me if it has the additional feature. This is how you can tell a phishing email. Say for example if you use paypal, there are spoof email being sent by spammer but their only consist of http while the real paypal is https.

16 comments:

  1. followed you already ate...drop you also ec...

    http://www.benchiegrace.bravejournal.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting..I did not know that..I will have to keep a look out for that...thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the info sistah.. I already noticed that but I ignored it now I know whats the meaning behind it.

    BTW, did you add my baby's blog already? Pls visit my baby site too at

    www.yeunglei.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. sure no problem. I added u already. I c u again!!!
    were u in s.korea what base? we been there for 3 1/2 yrs in Youngsan and K-16 base.. now where in forthood texas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tiff, yeah I wasn't aware of that too before but now I do because hubby told me. You're welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Umma, yeah even payperpost has that feature too. Now I'm so cautious whenver i am visiting a website, specially those that has security alert hen you open the site..

    Yeah, i have added it already.. I'll pop out there lateh..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Anna, oh wow malapitlang yan dito samin.. Can't tell you here hehehe..

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice blog mam. nice to know also that u r PROUD FILIPINA. im new into blogging. care for xlinks mam? i already added u up mam. hope u will also mam. thanks GODBLESS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. http://ablogslifezeb.blogspot.com/
    GOD BLESSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey added u as well one of my follower. c u again! sis why don't you put a cbox.com do that all your friends can message u and leave notes as well. hehehe para magkausap tau ng madalas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. interesting..good to know sis! I see...good point!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Blogslife, sure i'll add u up... thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi dhemz, yeah di ko rin yan alam before, ngayon alam ko na kung spoof ba email or true..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Joanna.. yeah i thought that i have to share it to everybody!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so leave me a line or two and I will follow your trail and comment back.

About Me

My photo

A work-at-home-mom (WAHM) with  two  lovely kids and a loving husband.  Passionate in writing about  family, product reviews, and  other related articles.  A Mom, a Wife,  a Blogger/Writer, rolled into one.

AddThis